Cloud work environment
It costs now $150/3-years to own a micro machine on AWS. Together with cheap S3 - it's a nice opportunity to think of moving my work environment completely to the cloud.
Last week my hard drive crashed. I found out that I don't really need it for my day to day work, most of what I do is web based anyway. So I booted an Ubuntu, got hold of some .ssh keys from CrashPlan - and I was set to go with 95% of my work.
Streamlining the d/l of the keys from S3 would be nice, if only I could:
- curl eburcat.com/init | sh
- Type in a password (better - with TFA).
- Be set to work, including:
- .ssh keys
- Basic productivity tools that require minimal time to be ready.
That would be awesome.
- Quite a nice anonymity on the web. My fingerprints were minimal.
- No sluggish processes running doing unnecessary stuff.
- Being able to boot from different Ubuntu's / machines - all I need is any live-cd.
- Extremely high reliablity - I have nothing on my hard drives, so nothing gets lost. S3 is Very reliable.
Thanks Tal Muskal for giving me some inspiration with this :)